Winter 2011/2012 Anime Chart v5 (2012.03.01)

Here is the chart for the upcoming Winter 2011/12 anime.
This chart will be updated every few weeks until it is considered ‘complete”.

- Date format used in the chart is MM/DD/YYYY.
- Use the URLs inside the chart (baka.bz/aXX) to quickly go to an anime’s official website. You can also go to baka.bz, of course.

Link to the Promotional Videos (PV) for the Winter season

Version 5 Release notes (2012.03.01) :
Most changes are about airing dates, as you’d expect.
The main things you need to know here are the removal of Gokujyo・(moved to Spring), as well as Space Pirate Captain Harlock and Gaiking (new tentative for 2013). A few additions as well, but I’ll let you read the changelog for that
baka.bz‘s list of URLs has been updated accordingly.
Enjoy this v5.

Version 4 Release notes (2011.06.11) :
Looks like we’re almost there for the Winter season, as there are very few additions : One TV series and one movie (theatrical release). While most shows will start airing in January, the Winter season is just a couple of weeks away.
A couple of notes though :
Gokujyo—. may be removed next version, as there’s been no update about it. Same thing for Harlock and Gaiking.
Full changelog available at the bottom of this post.
Enjoy this v4, and feel free to write down your critics/suggestions : This may come in handy for the next chart.

Version 3 Release notes (2011.06.11) :
3 new TV series, one OAD, several updates/fixes on airing dates and other stuff.
Gundam SEED in HD? Yesh.
As usual, the full changelog is available at the bottom of this post. If you notice anything wrong, please notify me, thanks!
baka.bz‘s list of URLs has been updated accordingly.
Enjoy this v3 of the Winter chart.

Version 2 Release notes (2011.24.10) :
5 new TV series, a couple of OVAs, and updated airing dates.
As usual, the full changelog is available at the bottom of this post.
baka.bz‘s list of URLs has been updated accordingly.
Nothing really special with this release, but enjoy anyway ;)

Version 1 Release notes (2011.09.10) :
And here it is. Took quite some time to redo everything from scratch, but I hope that you’ll like the new design. The chart uses a dedicated redirection service @ baka.bz to quickly access an anime’s official website. It’ll have further options later on.
Chart is in PNG format to avoid a loss of colors with the “reds”.
The image has been optimized to have a reduced size without any noticeable loss of quality.
Be careful, in the chart the date format is mm/dd/yyyy.
As usual, feel free to point out mistakes, omissions, and/or suggestions : They are all welcome.
Perosnally looking forward to Recorder to Randoseru, Mouretsu Pirates, Inu x Boku SS, Nisemonogatari and Another (yay, horror anime).

Enjoy this first release of the Winter season.

Update History :
[2012.01.03]Released : Version 5.0.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 2 Anime’s picture.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Major Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : R-15 Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 2 Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Black Rock Shooter Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Inu x Boku SS Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Ano Natsu de Matteru Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Rinne no Lagrange Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Aquarion Evol Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Brave10 Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Mouretsu Pirates Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Nisemonogatari Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Zero no Tsukaima F Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Senhime Zesshou Symphogear Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : High School DxD Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Kill Me Baby Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Amagami SS+ Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Updated : Natsume Yuujin-Chou Shi Anime’s airing date.
[2012.01.03]Added : Ai no Kusabi OVA (aaaaaah! yaoi!).
[2012.01.03]Added : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei BD.
[2012.01.03]Added : Atlanger OVA.
[2012.01.03]Added : Detective Conan New Kaitou Kid Special.
[2012.01.03]Added : Busou Chuugakusei Basket Army ONA.
[2012.01.03]Added : Black Jack Final OVA.
[2012.01.03]Added : Smile Precure! TV Series.
[2012.01.03]Added : Danbouru Senki W TV Series.
[2012.01.03]Added : Thermae Romae TV Series.
[2012.01.03]Added : Nichijou (ETV) TV Series.
[2012.01.03]Removed : Gokujyo・ TV Series.
[2012.01.03]Removed : Space Pirate Captain Harlock Movie.
[2012.01.03]Removed : Gaiking Movie.
————————————————————————————————————
[2011.22.11]Released : Version 4.0.
[2011.22.11]Updated : Aquarion Evol Anime’s summary.
[2011.22.11]Updated : Ano Natsu de Matteru Anime’s studio is now “J.C.STAFF”.
[2011.22.11]Updated : Black Rock Shooter Anime’s studio is now “Ordet & SANZIGEN”.
[2011.22.11]Updated : Recorder to Randoseru Anime’s studio is now “Seven”.
[2011.22.11]Updated : High School D×D Anime’s airing date.
[2011.22.11]Updated : Baby, Please Kill Me! Anime’s airing date.
[2011.22.11]Updated : Rinne no Lagrange Anime’s airing date.
[2011.22.11]Updated : Another Anime’s airing date.
[2011.22.11]Updated : Sacred Seven: Night Edition Anime’s title.
[2011.22.11]Updated : Baby, Please Kill Me! Anime’s title.
[2011.22.11]Added : Dragon Ball Episode of Bardock Movie.
[2011.22.11]Added : Area no Kishi TV Series.
————————————————————————————————————
[2011.06.11]Released : Version 3.0.
[2011.06.11]Fixed : Ikoku Meiro no Croisée : Yune & Alice Anime’s airing date.
[2011.06.11]Fixed : Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira – file.04 Anime’s airing date.
[2011.06.11]Updated : Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama Anime’s picture.
[2011.06.11]Updated : Major Anime’s studio is now “SynergySP”.
[2011.06.11]Updated : Sacred Seven Movie’s airing date.
[2011.06.11]Updated : Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyoto-Hen Movie’s airing date.
[2011.06.11]Updated : Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Anime’s airing date.
[2011.06.11]Updated : Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama Anime’s airing date.
[2011.06.11]Updated : Kyousogiga Anime’s airing date.
[2011.06.11]Updated : Sacred Seven Movie’s title is now “Sacred Seven : Night Edition”.
[2011.06.11]Added : Mirai Nikki OAD.
[2011.06.11]Added : Aquarion Evol TV Series.
[2011.06.11]Added : Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! TV Series.
[2011.06.11]Added : Mobile Suit Gundam SEED HD Remastered TV Series.
————————————————————————————————————
[2011.24.10]Released : Version 2.0.
[2011.24.10]Fixed : Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 2 Anime’s airing date.
[2011.24.10]Updated : Recorder to Randoseru Anime’s picture.
[2011.24.10]Updated : Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker Movie’s airing date.
[2011.24.10]Updated : Gaiking Movie’s airing date.
[2011.24.10]Updated : Space Pirate Captain Harlock Movie’s airing date.
[2011.24.10]Updated : The Moon: Tsuki ga Hoshii to Oujo-sama ga Naita Movie’s airing date.
[2011.24.10]Updated : .hack/The Movie Movie’s airing date.
[2011.24.10]Updated : Berserk Golden Age Arc I : Egg of the Supreme Ruler Movie’s airing date.
[2011.24.10]Updated : Eiyuu Densetsu : Sora no Kiseki The Animation Anime’s airing date.
[2011.24.10]Updated : Gyo Anime’s airing date.
[2011.24.10]Updated : Minori Scramble! Anime’s airing date.
[2011.24.10]Updated : Queen’s Blade Anime’s airing date.
[2011.24.10]Added : Yuri Seijin Naoko-san OVA.
[2011.24.10]Added : Major OVA.
[2011.24.10]Added : Rinne no Lagrange TV Series.
[2011.24.10]Added : Brave10 TV Series.
[2011.24.10]Added : Amagami SS+ TV Series.
[2011.24.10]Added : Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou TV Series.
[2011.24.10]Added : Lupin III: Chi no Kokuin Eien no Mermaid TV Series.
————————————————————————————————————
[2011.09.10]Released : Version 1.0.

• Marcos Falcone
    • October 9th, 2011 - 17:00:13 PST

Arigato Gozaimasu Uncle Zana ^^

• McClenzy
    • October 9th, 2011 - 17:07:35 PST

Take a good rest Zana thanks :D

• October 9th, 2011 - 17:28:22 PST

Thanks. Time for a good rest now x.x

1. Awesome thx.I was checking back everyday for the update XD

• Unknown
    • October 10th, 2011 - 00:07:24 PST

Holy!??!?! Black*RockShooter is really becoming a series???? O_O!!! OoOoOoOo, i can’t wait ^_^

• masajus
    • October 10th, 2011 - 01:38:14 PST

i hope that in version 2 or 3 i will see Hight School of the Dead……

• October 10th, 2011 - 03:52:09 PST

I have no idea about a HSotD sequel. It’s not on moonphase and no announcement on animenewsnetworks either; at least for now ;)

• Erulim
    • October 10th, 2011 - 03:00:24 PST

Thanks a lot Zana-Oujisan i hobe that you can get a good pest of rest now!
    I belief that this winterchart will not become big this year, there are too many series in the Fallseason with 20+ Episodes ^^

• October 10th, 2011 - 04:35:43 PST

You never know ;) Companies need anime sales to live anyway. We’re not getting less than 23/24 series I guess.

2. Highschool DxD, really hope this, so long for perfect ecchi anime =))

3. hmm……most of these i hav read it in reports but tks anyway cant really keep track which anime is winter 2012 or spring 2012 sometimes

• Lime
    • October 12th, 2011 - 12:40:27 PST

Highschool DxD, ofc! I’ve been waiting for it for months!

Besides that, Inu x Boku SS and Baby, Please Kill Me! look cool.

Oh, and of course, I can’t forget Zero no Tsukaima!

4. Winter season is already coming together. Thanks!

I was wondering, how come you release these charts as images instead of just a webpage?

• October 17th, 2011 - 11:14:50 PST

You’re welcome :)
      There are several reasons why I chose the chart over the webpage. Among the main ones :
      - People often get discouraged easily when they see a post with a huge quantity of text in it (summaries, airing dates, etc) and they often scroll down the post very fast and/or don’t even bother to read. While the quantity of text remains roughly the same in an image chart, it looks and feels more “compact” to the reader’s eye, thus encouraging the reading even if, in the end, the amount to read is the same without an image (even more true with my chart since I also put summaries for OVA/OAD, etc, resulting in a big quantity of text). This looks dumb, but we instinctively think that way. While it is true that some people like to read and aren’t bothered by the length of a post, most people are not fond of seeing a lengthy post.
      - People like to share content they like on their own website. Copy/pasting a whole, lengthy post feels like plagiarism, and most people do not like doing this (which is the right way of thinking). However, sharing a chart is much more convenient, as you can easily give credits to the original maker (even if he/she is already mentioned in the chart). What’s more, readers of this shared post will immediately know the full content of the post when they land on it, seeing the chart on top of the post : “Okay, that’s what he is talking about”, instead of scrolling down the lengthy post (we’re getting back to the first point I developed above). A picture is sometimes more appealing than text too. People like to see “everything” on their screen at once, so a chart is a good way to make things look “concise”.

As you can see, everything is purely “suggestive”, but the end result is different, at least from my point of view ;)

However (yes, there’s more!), a webpage allows much richer content than an image, like links, medias, etc, and you can post as much detail as you’d like. In the end, both have their pros and cons. I’m very well aware of that, and as you’ve probably read elsewhere on Neregate, I’m planning on something very big regarding anime charts, although it’s gonna take several months to develop (biggest obstacle right now is my motivation, to be honest). I also have a small idea (which should be easier to code) that I may be implementing shortly (motivation required, too :>). The blog itself keeps me quite busy, so giving myself an extra push is not always simple.

Well, that was a lengthy reply but I wanted to say all this, so no regrets here.

• Raitsui
        • October 17th, 2011 - 11:28:57 PST

Sorry, too much to read, I skipped it ;D.

• Raitsui
          • October 17th, 2011 - 11:32:50 PST

Meh.. I wanted to adjust my sophisticated joke but the no-edit-button destroyed my plans.

5. Actually the chart is nice It make me want to read maybe because of how it is being served it’s more light for non readers.

6. hey this anime is also getting an anime adaptation by sunrise

btw, my weak candidates: Kyousogiga, Recorder and Backpack, Inu x Boku SS, Milky Holmes 2, Symphogear, Another, Ano Natsu de Matteru, Gokujyo.

• October 20th, 2011 - 17:45:23 PST

Hai, Airetta-kun (chan?). I’ve confirmed it on moonphase ;)
      Will be added to the chart’s v2 this coming weekend.

7. i kinda have to disagree on the sacred blacksmith thingy even if its cliche such a simple plot it was interesting the true bond between luke and lisa aria and cecila and wuld love to more awesome fights in s2

8. and more importantly its nt a shame every anime has a value even if u dun lyk it

• October 21st, 2011 - 19:17:54 PST

Well it’s all up to the individual in the end.
      I quite enjoyed the potential after the first episode, but afterwards all I saw was cliche dialogues, loads of fanservice and predictable situations. When I say “it’s a shame”, it’s because to me, this anime had a good enough story to make a great series, but it ended below average because the production decided otherwise.
      It’s my personal point of view, don’t take it as a general opinion of course ;)

• haha no worries its nt like i take it so far as a general opinion its jus i wanted to say wat i feel about the sacred blacksmith or else i doubt i can sleep easy smiles~

• Rennie
    • October 25th, 2011 - 02:14:19 PST

9. hmm……all of these i also know but tks anyway btw why u say the remix of k-on ed you know/hate well? its a very popular song u know……

• October 25th, 2011 - 13:58:00 PST

While there are a lot of K-ON fans out there, there are also many K-ON haters, which is why I say that ;)

• well tat is true but there are some tat make their hate of anime really very obvious like gundam age nt tat i hate it though

• Lime
    • October 25th, 2011 - 15:28:24 PST

Uncle Zana, not sure if you’re aware of it, but I think they’ve announced a Queen’s Blade new season for Winter. And thanks for the v2! Still expecting much more animes for next version!

• October 25th, 2011 - 15:45:31 PST

The Rebellion one? Yea I’ve heard of it a little, but I didn’t find any evidence that it was for this Winter (yet).
      If you have a reliable source however, I’m all ears ;)

• Lime
        • October 26th, 2011 - 07:57:41 PST

Yeah, you’re right. I went to check and it didn’t say anywhere that it was coming this Winter already ^^” I guess I just assumed that, sorry.

• October 26th, 2011 - 18:19:45 PST

No problem at all.
          Better safe than sorry ;)

• Horo
    • October 25th, 2011 - 17:22:37 PST

Instead of having “plot summary not available yet” on BRS, why not have “Television anime based on the song by Supercell and its accompanying music video with illustrations by Huke”?

• October 25th, 2011 - 17:30:18 PST

Yea that could be an idea. Though for TV series I prefer to put the summary rather than the “where it originates from”. Since the summary isn’t available yet, and as it could be a different setting than the OVA, I preferred not to put a summary on this one.

• Ingu
    • November 7th, 2011 - 01:33:16 PST

zana how about adding info about bluray movie releases? can’t find any site english site with such info and it would be nice to know when i will be able to see some movie (whom of us can go to japan to watch sth in theatre… we all watch only dvd/bluray releases :D)

10. Sacred Seven: Shirogane no Tsubasa
    -is this also winter ?

more info

• November 15th, 2011 - 17:33:35 PST

Yes. It’s actually the “Night Edition” that I put in the chart.
      Night edition because :
      “The special edition will focus on the fighting between the Sacred Takers Alma and Night, as well as the fight with Kenmi from Night’s point of view. The re-edited version will have new scenes, particularly of Night’s past, and a new dialogue recording.”
      I’ll fix the title in the next release ;)

• tman
    • November 23rd, 2011 - 12:17:52 PST

great wokr

btw I saw in this and another preview poster (http://neregate.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/neregate.com-Winter-2011-2012-Anime-v4.png)

2 images, I was suprised because their DJ Max songs

one was Sunny Side

the other was In My Heart

• November 23rd, 2011 - 14:06:28 PST

If you mean the “Fillers”, they’re images drawn by a Japanese artist ;)
      Sometimes you may indeed recognize a character.

• Jinketsu
        • December 15th, 2011 - 19:29:27 PST

Zana can you verify if this is real or not? It’s anime chart of spring 2012

• December 15th, 2011 - 20:05:09 PST

My first trollchart T_T I’m moved.
          Nah, this ain’t a real one (this template is from an old chart of mine). I do plan on releasing the Spring chart very soon though.

It’s well done, kudos to the dude who made that :twisted:

• _DK
    • February 19th, 2012 - 21:06:43 PST

Really Nice ANIME season.

Shakugan no shana, well, just want to see Hecate, and she’s dead. DROP
    Guilty Crown, bitch plz, shu or shoes isnt the same =))
    Zero no Tsukaima, Big Zero.
    Another, when the horror anime become … MOE show =.=
    Highschool DxD, no comment, character design so bad :x
    Papa Kiki, ok, worth to watche, thought art is not very good.

Wow, hope to see list anime of Spring. Above is just my opinion.

• Roy
    • March 11th, 2012 - 14:43:56 PST

What font is this? (Taken from the OVA/OAD/ONA part)

• March 11th, 2012 - 17:29:16 PST

“Kroeger 05_55″
      I love this font, cos it’s supersmall yet readable.

• Roy
    • March 12th, 2012 - 00:20:05 PST

Thanks a million

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail.
You can also subscribe without commenting.

Email: